Dear TengoInternet Partner,
Happy New Year!
This year is our 20th anniversary. For 20 Years, our mission has been simple – to connect people for success according to our values. Those “people” are RV’ers, you, our employees and vendor partners.
A quick reflection to start the year, thank you for indulging me: I started the company in 2002 to connect travelers to people and information important to them using WiFi. At that time, campgrounds were a quiet niche. Travelers had to go to the office and use a fax line to dial-up unless their site had phone service. At the end of 2002, there were 3 RV parks with WiFi and 3 companies serving them! At that time, I couldn’t give WiFi away since most owner/operators didn’t see a need for connectivity (customers were trying to ‘get away’) and thought WiFi was just a fad.
Flash forward to 2022 from 2002:
- Camping is essential and demand is at all-time high participation
- More campgrounds are being constructed now than at any time in the last 20 years
- Connectivity is pervasive – most campgrounds offer some internet/WiFi – and WiFi connectivity is a utility expectation and is capable of delivering that
- Operators are investing in robust WiFi to provide a premium guest experience and differentiator
- 8 national campground WiFi companies provide good competition and options
- Tengo has served 15+ million campers and thousands of campgrounds
God bless you, your families and your work. Let’s keep connecting!
CEO of TengoInternet