Dear Tengo Family,
Happy New Year! I hope your 2017 is already off to an excellent and profitable start.
- In follow-ups to the “WiFi State of the Industry” report, we performed an encore webinar and delivered free scorecards for tradeshow participants
- We completed our product planning for 2017 which includes video security cameras, a low cost self-installable interior 802.11AC WiFi access point for improving the “inside experience” of park models & cabins, a mobile failover router to enable reservations and office connectivity in the event of an outage; in addition to several new and exciting service level offerings
- We celebrated our 2016 company Christmas party at our 2-year-old dedicated Network Operations Center in San Antonio, TX.
- Finally, we acquired Nexu Innovations after conversations with the family owned company. We look forward to serving their customers well, engaging the former Nexu employees and integrating some of their innovative product offerings
In January’s issue of Woodall’s Campground Management – see Frontier Town’s, Harold Deckers, praising the results of the guaranteed WiFi solution for the 2016 season – peak usage of 6000 users and “I didn’t hear a single complaint.”
WiFi State of the Industry (SOTI) Findings:
We developed a proprietary WiFi scorecard to help campgrounds meet guest expectations and then applied it over 700 campgrounds to gain valuable insights. Some of the results are as follows:
- 15% of the campgrounds met the consumer requirement of streaming from any device throughout the property, 85% did not
- Most campgrounds do not set consistent WiFi expectations for incoming guests based upon what is advertised and are creating a gap – this is the fastest growing critical avenue to improve
For a complimentary WiFi Scorecard of your current network, please Click Here.
WiFi in the News:
- See the article on “WiFi Sucks – where do we go from here?” it has good insights on the issues and resolutions in place for business critical WiFi, to learn more Click Here
- Cord Cutting 101: How to quit cable for online streaming video! Click Here to watch!
- More devices on your WiFi! We saw our first Amazon Echo Dot device on a WiFi network!
- Recent Cisco Factoids
- More people will have mobile phones (5.4 billion) than electricity (5.3 billion), running water (3.5 billion), and cars (2.8 billion) by 2020.
- By 2020, over 75% of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video, making this category the highest growth rate of any mobile application.
Customer NPS Scores and Online Reviews:
Thank you for your continued participation in our Quarterly Customer Survey. The scores are used to serve you better and evaluate TengoInternet’s and my performance. We recently sent a cNPS survey through email to some of you, just by taking part in this survey, and future ones, you will be entered for a chance to win a FREE Amazon Fire Stick!
Also, your feedback & comments directly influence our strategic planning as you can see from our service and product planning – we hear you!
Connecting you for Success – that is our promise. If you are not having a fantastic wireless experience at your property, please Click Here to email me directly, and we’ll work to make it so!
Until next month, may God bless you, your family, and your business.